I made an appointment at care now in Desoto tx on 01/22/2012 and was seen in a timely manner.I used care now because it was convenient as I was sick on a Sunday with a sinus infection.
I was seen by Doctor. She came in and examined my chest and head. She then told me she would prescribe an antibiotic called Clarithromycin 500 mg to be taken two pills every day. I asked it it was a derivative of any of the antibiotics I was currently allergic to.
She said no. I told her I usually do well with Levaquin as I get a lot of sinus infections. She informed me she was not going to prescribe me Levaquin. I requested a shot to make me feel better so I could get my prescription filled.
She also informed me she does not know how much the antibiotic will cost. I felt she really didn't care what I thought. She decided she was done discussing my illness with me and left the room to send the nurse in to give me a shot. I also asked for a note to return to work.
I was given a note to go back to work on 1/22/2012. I picked up the antibiotic and asked the pharmacist if Clarithromycin was a form of Azithromycin, which I am highly allergic to. She said yes it is a form of it but I should not have any problem. I have been taking the antibiotic on time everyday and thought it would take a little longer for it to make me completely well, which is why we go to the doctor in the first place.
I was given a note to return to work on 01/24/2012 and still did not feel well enough. I received a call on 01/24/2011 from carenow. The nurse asked if I was feeling better, I told her yes I was but not completely well. She said if I decided the antibiotic wasn't working to give them a call and maybe they could call something else in.
She also stated that I could also come back in as well. I was charged 131.00 for the office visit and I also paid 94.11 for the antibiotic. I am now being told that I have to come in to be reevaluated by the physician to see if I need anymore antibiotics or not. So now I have to go back to the doctor and pay more money to get well.
That just does not seem fair. I went to the doctor with an objective and that was to get well. I looked everywhere on the internet for carenow's business objectives. I did not find any.
I question the moral and ethic of their motives. I wonder how they might be violating the physicans, nurses rights, on their policys and procedures for practicing medicine ethically. I feel all carenow wants is my money. They are money driven not driven to care about people.
At no point of my dealings with carenow have I ever felt like they cared about me or why I was there.
They do not care what I have to say.I essentially feel my rights to fair treatment and health do not exist within this company.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
You May Also Like
- "they do not provide you what they promiseas someone mentioned before they treat you like a celebrity until they get your money notice that none of them at the office..."
- "I wish would have done research prior to having transplanted hair. I probably wouldn't have acted on desperation of wanting fuller hair. I not only lost more hair than i..."
- "I'm attaching a letter from Kaiser Permanente Privacy Compliance Program Manager for NCAL Regional Compliance & Privacy Office stating they want a "Receipt" they think I have. Kaiser..."
- "This is not a good morning for me and would like to share this with your Monarch Dental, Red Oak, TX. I love a beautiful smile the more reason I..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."